Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Karma sails

I launched Karma yesterday afternoon in a light easterly scratching to make 10kts. A short sail but at least nothing broke. No unusual noises either. I had some unforseen linkage issues and it did not foil so I still have some sorting to do. As well I tore a pocket on the tramp so its off again for some adjustments. Should get another test later in the week when I will get some good photos.

So far so good. It certainly goes better than std in sub foiling pressure downwind, with the unstayed rig going fully out. Full width tramp is comfortable, Cut down tiger hull has enough volume in the right places.

3 comments:

Karl said...

Congrats on the launch. Marginal foiling really separates the sheep from the goats - I am firmly in the goat camp at the moment.

Phil Stevenson said...

Had another brief sail yesterday but more issues arose. Have to redesign the wing support struts. A few more day's work before another test.
But the unstayed rig looks good and seems to match the KA sail without need for modifications.

Phil Stevenson said...

Out again Wednesday, it flew but badly, still have some adjustments to do. But nothing broke this time. Today I measured again and then I adjusted the main foil incidence and range of rudder tilt. Will look again at linkage system tomorrow before another sail on Saturday.