Sunday, December 2, 2007

The new main foil has been sailed with sucess. It seems to take off earlier than the old one and it weigh about half as much. It floats nicely, certainly in the ball park with the factory jobs.


The race was 3/4 drift with the last lap getting enough wind to fly. I was with Dave when the wind came in and seemed to get out of the water as easilly as he did. But he has heaps more speed and sailed away to win. Then Grant caught me too.


Some rig develoment to do when I get back from the Canoe WC, but I am looking forward to trying to get the moth up to speed. It should be a lot easier than it used to be with 10 boats and a lot more knowledge amongst the sailors who are all willing to share.


This is the new foil with the No-Gap hinge. It seems to make a difference.


Now it has proven to work I can paint it nice and shiney.

No comments: